Re: Updating failure -- now success!

On 05/02/2009 18:39, Sam Kuper wrote:
2009/2/5 Gary Johnson <garyjohn@spocom.com>:
I tried again this morning, a little after 10 a.m. PST, from my
usual mirror site cygwin.osuosl.org.  Setup.exe spent a few minutes
fetching quite a few files and installing them, then finished
without any error messages.  Everything seems to be working fine
now.  Yay!  And whew!

I just tried reinstalling bash via the same mirror, and got the same error message (the one I posted about an hour or two ago) about cygreadline6.dll not being found :(

If I'm understanding the other posts correctly this issue stems from the fact that there are a number of packages in the setup.ini (that is read by setup.exe) files on all the mirrors that are missing required:

version:
install:

... lines. vim (grep for '@ vim') is a good example. Before everyone pounds this poor mirror to death hoping for a solution by doing fresh installs you can see by looking at:

ftp://cygwin.osuosl.org/pub/cygwin/setup.ini

... that the problem is still in effect there.

You can check this file on a mirror by adding '/pub/cygwin/setup.ini' to the mirror URL). Presumably there is no point burning the servers bandwidth doing futile downloads if you still see the same issue present.

Cheers,
--
Simon McQueen                                      sm@prismtech.com
OpenFusion CORBA & OpenSplice DDS            skype:simonmcqueen?add