This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: gv became really slow?
- From: Dan Tsafrir <dan dot tsafrir at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 08:48:13 -0500
- Subject: Re: gv became really slow?
- Reply-to: dan dot tsafrir at gmail dot com
> I confirm that gv is practically unusable since I updated to x.org
> 7.4. It is very very slow. For the example you give, it takes only 2
> seconds to load (same version 3.6.5, Windows XP, Dual Core2 Duo 2.6
> GHz) but on the large ps files I use it takes ages to show compared to
> before I upgraded.
Yes. In fact, just doing page-up / page-down takes 3-4 seconds if the
page contains even the simplest figure (say, eps generated ny gnuplot,
plotting ~25 points). It's really frustrating :(
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html