This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Solved: Post-install hang
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 14:07:20 +0100
- Subject: Re: Solved: Post-install hang
- References: <002001c98791$90a7bf10$b1f73d30$@email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Feb 5 13:59, Sorin Srbu wrote:
> >Problem description: After a full install, the postinstall script runs, but
> >stops at /etc/postinstall/00bash.sh. It just sits there for hours, and I have
> >kill the process.
> I found a really old setup.exe lying around on our department file/software
> repository, v126.96.36.199 from 2002. Running this one apparently downloaded and
> installed something and now bash and even X11 works.
I don't think it has anything to do with using an older setup.exe.
There was a problem with the setup.exe configuration file (called
setup.ini) on cygwin.com the last few days. This has been fixed
yesterday so the corrected configuration has probably been propagated to
all mirrors by now.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html