Re: GCC compiler -m64 option in cygwin

Hi There,

please go through the followings for the problem:

1)      I want to create a 64 bit DLL using Cygwin in Windows Serever 2003
64 bit platform.
2)      I am using Cygwin to run the make file
3)      In the make file I have a macro âCFLAGSâ where gave the option
â-m64â in the make file for 64 bit build
4)      But when I use this option I am getting an error like:

$ make -f makefile_64
g++ -c -DWIN64 -D"__int64=long long" -trigraphs -I../include
-IC:/Progra~1/Java/jdk1.5.0_10/include
-IC:/Progra~1/Java/jdk1.5.0_10/include/win32 -mno-cygwin -m64 Abc.C -o Abc.o
Abc.C:1: sorry, unimplemented: 64-bit mode not compiled in
make: *** [Abc.o] Error 1

5)      The main thing is that I donât know exactly what should be the
option we have to give under cygwin for building a 64 bit DLL (though I have
used â-m64â option), but  in Linux if you use this option, youâll get the 64
bit .SO file!!!

i tried alot but tillnow didn't get the solution.

Please suggest me some alternative options if anybody have.

Thanks in advance!
Rajeev