Post-install hang

Hi all,

Never had any problems before, installing any version of Cygwin. A recent
hd-crash forced me to reinstall Cygwin and that's when the problem started.

Problem description: After a full install, the postinstall script runs, but
stops at /etc/postinstall/00bash.sh. It just sits there for hours, and I have to
kill the process.

Using setup.exe v1.5.25-15. This is on WinXP SP3 US Eng with all critical and
recommended patches installed. The antivirus software is Symantec Endpoint
Protection v11MR4.

I've searched the archive and the problem appears fixed as of about 2004-03. Not
much activity as far as I can see, except for the occasional question about this
same thing couple of years later that went unanswered.

I've tried starting setup.exe from various places, like from command prompt,
from Windows Explorer and the Start/Run. Same thing every time, the postinstall
script hangs.

I then chose to reinstall the whole Cygwin-shebang, but before I started it, I
first deleted all folders from the Cygwin-install folder and also removed the
Cygnus-branches from HKCU\Software and HKLM\Software.

I've searched for cygwin1.dll but didn't find any dupes, and then rebooted.
Running setup.exe now finishes installation, but when starting the bash-shell,
it complains of missing dll-files, eg cygz.dll and cygreadline6.dll and that
reinstalling migh tfix
the problem, so that's what I did. Now it stops at
postinstall/font-bh-dpi100.sh...

Some guy offered a patched bash.exe some four years ago, but I can't download
it, looks like it's not available anymore.

Attached are setup.log, setup.log.full and the output from cygcheck -svr. Please
let me know if you need more info.

I'm rather stumped at this. Can you help guys?

Thanks.
--
BW,
	Sorin