This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Subject: Re: upgrading openssh always horks perms
- From: Peter Wohlers <pedro at whack dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 09:41:49 -0800
- Subject: Subject: Re: upgrading openssh always horks perms
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Feb 3 08:55, Peter Wohlers wrote:
I find that every time I upgrade openssh it breaks and I have to run:
chmod 755 /usr/sbin/* /usr/bin/*
It seems silly, but this is something I end up having to do on all/any of
my machines every time for years (my notes are dated 2004).
I can't help but think that there's something I'm missing that causes this.
Is this a common occurrence?
I would assume there's some http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#BLODA problem
Cool. I could see 'Big' getting 'Bigger' though :)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html