This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: SYSTEM as root user
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 10:55:27 +0100
- Subject: Re: SYSTEM as root user
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Feb 4 00:18, Jaspreet Singh wrote:
> How about if i make SYSTEM user as root in cygwin and
> Group as root Group, even install Cygwin 1.7 by SYSTEM
> user, Does it
> effect on Cygwin working in any way.
I don't understand exactly what you're up to. There's no really good
reason to install Cygwin as SYSTEM user. You can install it just using
any administrative account, that should lead to the most servicable
results. The "there's only one single godlike admin account called
root" concept of Unix is only partly imposable on Windows.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html