This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: asciidoc-8.3.5-1
- From: Eric Blake <ebb9 at byu dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 07:33:09 -0700
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: asciidoc-8.3.5-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
A new version of the asciidoc package, asciidoc 8.3.5-1, is now available
for download, replacing 8.3.1-2 as current.
This is a new upstream release; upstream changes are listed below. See
also the package documentation in /usr/share/doc/asciidoc-8.3.5/.
AsciiDoc is a text document format for writing short documents, articles,
books and UNIX man pages. AsciiDoc files can be translated to HTML and
DocBook markups using the asciidoc(1) command. AsciiDoc is highly
configurable: both the AsciiDoc source file syntax and the backend output
markups (which can be almost any type of SGML/XML markup) can be
customized and extended by the user.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on the
http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your system.
Save it and run setup, answer the questions and pick up 'asciidoc' from
the 'Devel' category.
Note that downloads from sources.redhat.com (aka cygwin.com) aren't
allowed due to bandwidth limitations. This means that you will need to
find a mirror which has this update, please choose the one nearest to you:
If you want to make a point or ask a question the Cygwin mailing list is
the appropriate place.
volunteer cygwin asciidoc maintainer
CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO:
To unsubscribe to the cygwin-announce mailing list, look at the
"List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message. Send email
to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (Cygwin)
Comment: Public key at home.comcast.net/~ericblake/eblake.gpg
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
version 8.3.5, 2 February 2009
1. Version 8.3.5 (2009-02-02)
Additions and changes
* Cached compiled regular expression delimiters (speed up User Manual
compilation by 250%).
* Created distinct list definitions for each numbered list style to
allow nesting of all styles.
* Roman numbers in numbered lists are followed by a closing
parenthesis instead of a period to eliminate i, v, x item ambiguity
with respect to alpha numbered list items.
* Added **, ***, ****, ***** bulleted lists.
* Added ..., ...., ..... implicit numbered lists.
* Added :::, :::: labeled lists.
* Updated User Guide for new list syntaxes.
* Optimized paragraph and list termination detection with separate
precompiled regular expressions for performance and to prevent
reaching Python 100 named group limit.
* Updated Vim syntax highlighter for new list syntaxes.
* Allow template:: macros in conf file entries sections (not just
in template sections).
* Dropped unused [listdef-numbered2] conf file sections.
* Renamed ListBlock to more appropriate OpenBlock.
* Implemented single-line versions of ifdef:: and ifndef::
* html4 backend styling:
+ Underlined admonition captions.
+ Added side border to Example Blocks.
* xhtml11 backend styling:
+ Dropped right hand margin from all but quote and verse blocks.
+ html4 backend: corrected over-sized width of caption in
* Fixed broken numbered list nesting.
1.1. Compatibility issues
The roman numbered list parenthesis syntax is incompatible with the
potentially ambiguous roman period syntax introduced in 8.3.2.
2. Version 8.3.4 (2009-01-20)
Additions and changes
* Implemented a title float style. A floating title (or bridgehead)
is rendered just like a normal section but is not formally
associated with a text body and is not part of the regular section
hierarchy so the normal ordering rules do not apply.
* Implemented inline comment macro so comment lines can now appear
inside block elements.
* Comment lines are sent to the output if the showcomments attribute
is defined (comment blocks are never sent to the output).
* Single quoting attribute values in AttributeList elements causes
them to be substituted like normal inline text (without single
quoting only attribute substitution is performed).
* Rewrote list item processing (was very crufty). List continuation
and list blocks now work as expected. Updated and clarified list
documentation in User Guide.
* The revision attribute now recognizes the RCS $Id$ marker format.
* An RCS $Id$ marker formatted revision line in the header does not
need to be preceded by an author line.
* If an RCS $Id$ formatted revision is specified and the author name
has not already been set then the author name in the $Id$ marker
will be used.
* Updated Gouichi Iisaka's Graphviz filter to version 1.1.3.
* Added autowidth table attribute option for (X)HTML outputs.
* DocBook backend now puts orgname optional attribute in DocBook
* Deprecated undocumented companyname attribute in favor of DocBook's
* Removed explicit closing backslash from HTML4 self-closing tags to
comply with WC3 recommendation.
* Fixed 8.3.3 regression whereby adjacent lists with the same syntax
but different list styles were incorrectly treated as a single
3. Version 8.3.3 (2009-01-02)
This release supersedes 8.3.2.
* The broken and confusing numeration and numeration2 numbered list
attributes have been dropped, use the style attribute instead.
4. Version 8.3.2 (2009-01-01)
Additions and changes
* Added Gouichi Iisaka's Graphviz filter to distribution.
* The SidebarBlock element can now be rendered with an abstract
* Reorganized filters into a separate subdirectory for each filter.
* Updated Makefile.in and MANIFEST files to reflect new filters
* Added listing style to LiteralBlock element so listings with nested
listing blocks can be rendered as a listing block.
* Changed example code filter to use preferred ListingBlock syntax
(the old ~ delimited filter syntax is no longer used).
* Implemented enumeration and enumeration2 numbered list attributes
for specifying the list numbering style (arabic, loweralpha,
upperalpha, lowerroman and upperroman).
* AsciiDoc now recognizes upperalpha, lowerroman and upperroman
numbers in listdef-numbered2 numbered lists and sets the number
style based on the style of the first numbered list item
(alternative to setting enumeration2 attribute).
* Updated formatlistpat definition in .vimrc example in User Guide.
* You can now backslash escape system block macros.
* Added Pychart FAQ.
* Drop paragraph text and list text, index and label match groups
from attributes -- they are included in the element's text and we
don't want them processed a second time as attributes.
* Changed comment line block macro to a passthrough block macro to
ensure no substitutions.
* A subslist no longer has to be appended to a PassthroughBlock macro
definition, if omitted no substitutions are performed.
* Code tidy up: replaced deprecated <> operator with !=.
* Removed unused linuxdoc code.
* Code tidy ups: dropped old types module reference; replaced
has_key() with preferred in operator.
* Old syntax source highlight filter regression: special characters
where not escaped in DocBook outputs.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html