This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Copy converts tabs to spaces ?
- From: "Sisyphus" <sisyphus1 at optusnet dot com dot au>
- To: "xerces8" <xerces8 at butn dot net>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 21:25:58 +1100
- Subject: Re: Copy converts tabs to spaces ?
- References: <WorldClient-F200902021105.AA05540020@butn.net>
----- Original Message -----
From: "xerces8" <email@example.com>
- print the content of some text file that has tabs (like a C program
source) : cat foo.c
- select and copy the text with the mouse
- paste (ctrl-V) into WordPad
You'll get the same behaviour if, instead of running 'cat foo.c' in the
bash/RXVT shell, you start by running 'type foo.c' in the cmd.exe shell.
One workaround is to run 'notepad foo.c' instead of 'cat.c', and then
copy'n'paste from the instance of foo.c that has been opened in notepad.
Is that a suitable alternative ?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html