Re: Problem accessing GRASS setup.ini file

Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> Karen M Weston wrote:
>> Hi Mark
>>
>> Hello
>>
>> I am trying to download GRASS GIS software onto a windows laptop and am
>> having some problems with downloading the setup file required from
>> http://geni.ath.cx.  I wonder if you can help me.
>>
>> When I come to the I need to select 2 sites - 1) any mirror site and 2)
>> http://geni.ath.cx.
>>
>> The mirror site seems fine but I receive an error message 'unable to get
>> setup.ini from http://geni.ath.cx/grass/setup.ini'.  Therefore there
>> seems
>> to be a problem with my getting the correct access to the
>> http://geni.ath.cx site.
>>
>> I would really appreciate any advice on how I would be able to resolve
>> this.
>
> If you're sure the problem is with a particular site, then contacting that
> site's owner is likely to be a more expedient solution.  However, in this
> case, I suspect the problem is on your end since I was able to call up
> the file in my browser by clicking on its link.

  Yep, sounds like probably network/firewall/proxy problems at Karen's site
to me.

  The GRASS mirror, of course, does not have a setup.ini.sig file, so if
you're using a recent setup.exe, don't forget to add the "-X" command-line
option to setup when installing from it.  (Turns off signature verification,
see ref [*] for full info).

    cheers,
      DaveK
--