Re: MinTTY

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 09:32:12PM -0700, Warren Young wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>I don't really feel comfortable having another ssh implementation in
>>Cygwin.  The call is obviously Corinna's in this case but that's my 2c.
>
>wget, curl lftp, ncftp links, lynx GraphicsMagic, ImageMagick ash,
>bash, tcsh, zsh, scsh, pdksh, posh vim, nano, emacs, joe, xemacs,
>nedit, xedit, gvim
>
>....need I go on?
>
>Not that I'm pushing for including a puttycyg package.  You'll just
>need a better justification than that to keep it out.

All of the examples you quoted above are found in standard linux
distributions.  Unlike... you know... "puttycyg".  And, given the
problems we have with end-user ssh confusion now, I don't see any
reason to add another variation.

I was willing to consider MinTTY since people were raving about how nice
it was and I didn't think that Chuck was overly thrilled about
maintaining the windows-only version of rxvt.  I haven't heard that
puttycyg offers superior linux-like ssh functionality to openssh.

But, as I said in the part that you snipped, I was expressing an
opinion.  I would consider this to be Corinna's call.

But, since no one that I can remember has offered puttycyg as a
package the discussion is pretty pointless.

cgf