Re: POP Rmail in Emacs

Ken Brown wrote:

And I think Angelo has built CVS versions of emacs 23 with it

Yes, I confirm. I build Emacs-23 weekly.

In the last year many things have changed, and in better.

Now it bootstraps in less than 20 minutes (before, more than an hour).
Also, some strange bootstrap failure (which were solved simply changing
directory) has disappeared.

The build with GCC 4 series (before with my own build of gcc 4, now with
cygwin gcc4) is very stable.

Sincerely, the only crash I see is with tar files [1], but, in these
days, I am using Emacs 23 intensively with TeXLive and AUCTeX, so it is
possible (and surely) I do not see other bugs.

...and, last but not least, yes we need a Cygwin Emacs maintainer: I
would just curious to know why I have to start my GTK build of Emacs23 with the annoying G_SLICE...

$ G_SLICE=always-malloc emacs &

...and yes, a maintainer would simplify our life of Emacs users,
non-experts.

Cheers,
  Angelo

---