Re: cygwin and cygwin-xfree lists to merge

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 09:51:11PM +0100, Andreas Eibach wrote:
> [...]

Why are you duplicating the headers of the email in the body of the
message?  There is no need for this repetition and you're feeding
spammers by adding email addresses there.

>>On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 02:45:17PM -0500, jose isaias cabrera wrote:
>>>I don't mind the traffic of xfree, but the cygwin list has too much
>>>traffic.
>>
>>You have my mild sympathy.
>
>Well, come to think of it, we could both merge cygwin + cygwin-xfree,
>BUT also _resplit_ cygwin, but this time into cygwin 1.7 and
>cygwin-"the rest".  So the additional X traffic (which will be far less
>than the 1.7 traffic I guess) is balanced better again.
>
>just a thought.

The intent is to make 1.7 the default release of Cygwin.  There will
be no "the rest" in a month or two.

My sympathies are growing milder by the minute.

cgf