This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problem with Cron and Permissions...
- From: "Pierre A. Humblet" <Pierre dot Humblet at ieee dot org>
- To: "Jim Kogler" <jkogler at mak dot com>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 17:16:05 -0500
- Subject: Re: Problem with Cron and Permissions...
- References: <492C7128.firstname.lastname@example.org>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Kogler"
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 4:42 PM
Subject: Problem with Cron and Permissions...
|I recently upgraded cygwin (current version info at end of email) from a
| fairly old version ( at least 3 years old...) and have run into this
| I have a cron job, that runs a scrip on a SAMBA mount. The script writes
| to the SAMBA mount, here is a bit of the script:
This is more likely to be a Samba/Cygwin problem than a cron issue.
This being said, there are three easy things you can try
1) Use cron-config to run the daemon as yourself (nightbus) instead of using the default Local
That will be OK as long as nightbus is the only cron user on that machine
2) Use cron-config to set "nosmbntsec" for CYGWIN (the default for cron is "ntsec smbntsec",
not sure what it is in your shell.
3) Update your /etc/group file. You should not see group names like mkgroup-l-d and mkgroup
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html