Building for cygwin/win32 under Linux

I'm a newbie to Cygwin.
I'm porting a Linux app to win32, and saw Cygwin as a efficient way to do it.
I used the NetBeans C/C++ IDE with Cygwin as the toolbase, and it worked
wonderfully.
Now, I need to move the "build process" onto one of Linux servers.  I moved the
project over enmasse, hoping that the Cygwin tools GNU roots would make things
easier.

I set the include directive for the compile to -I$(BASE)cygwin/usr/include and
set a linker directive to -L$(BASE)cygwin/lib.

(I get a bunch of  "warning: overriding commands for target ..." and
"warning: ignoring old commands for target..." - finding out why and getting rid
of these would be nice)

What's stopping me currently are compile errors:
cygwin/usr/include/cygwin/socket.h:55: error: '__uid32_t' does not name a type
cygwin/usr/include/cygwin/socket.h:56: error: '__gid32_t' does not name a type

I don't know if I'm missing another include directive or a compiler switch, or
just if my assumption that I can use the Linux g++ to cross-compile to Win32 is
wrong.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.