This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
ghostscript: X transition, shared lib
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin Ports)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 21:15:24 -0600
- Subject: ghostscript: X transition, shared lib
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Dr. Volker Zell,
A few suggestions for the ghostscript package:
1) With the X11 transition, is the native/x11 split really necessary
anymore? While gs-x11 adds several additional library dependencies, you
wouldn't be pulling in as much as you would with the old monolithic
2) The font paths have changed, as I'm sure that you're already aware.
3) A shared libgs8 would be extremely helpful. ImageMagick and
GraphicsMagick can use it instead of calling gs(1), and libspectre (used
by GNOME evince and KDE4 okular) requires it. If you decide to keep the
native/x11 split, this would need to be on the x11 side to be useful.
An example of how I did this on the gs-x11 side only:
This should be easily adaptable to a full ghostscript build of 8.62, and
with only a bit more work, 8.63.
If I can be of any assistance, I'd be happy to provide it.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (Cygwin)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html