This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Downloading (parts of) Cygwin for later local install?
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 19:25:13 -0500
- Subject: Re: Downloading (parts of) Cygwin for later local install?
- References: <20081117084749.GB16812@tomas>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
is there an easy way of pre-downloading whatever is necessary to do a
later local Cygwin install?
Note: the recommended method of using Cygwin itself is not available to
me, since I only have a GNU/Linux computer on the Net (lucky me ;-)
Wgetting all of <http://cygwin.com/packages/> would seem a tad wasteful
to me (plus I don't know whether the cygwin installer does any "magical
munging" on the packages while downloading).
No magic download munging, no. 'wget' will work and is the recommmended
approach if what you want is a mirror.
I trolled the lists and the FAQ, but I seem to be moving in circles.
The FAQ doesn't like trolls. ;-)
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html