This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: openssh needs rebuild for modular X transition
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 13:12:14 -0500
- Subject: Re: openssh needs rebuild for modular X transition
- References: <491FAB4A.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 11:10:34PM -0600, Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
>We're getting a number of bug reports that ssh has a hardcoded path to
>/usr/X11R6/bin/xauth. As part of the X11 transition, xauth was moved to
>/usr/bin, so ssh claims not to find it. A strings check on ssh does
>indeed show such a path as well.
>If this is correct, we would greatly appreciate a rebuild of openssh
I've taken the liberty of binary-editing ssh.exe to change the
hard-coded path from /usr/X11R6/bin/xauth to /usr/bin/xauth and making a
new -9 release. I am not going to announce this however since it's not
I have bumped the version on the source package too but have no idea if
rebuilding openssh from source will fix the problem. I'll leave the
true fix to Corinna when she has a chance to rectify this for real.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html