This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Is it possible to convert from dos to unix path and back?
- From: Barry Kelly <bkelly dot ie at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 16:57:51 +0000
- Subject: Re: Is it possible to convert from dos to unix path and back?
- References: <email@example.com>
R. Lewis wrote:
> Some of the commands we "launch" from a cygwin bash shell only understand
> the Dos path convention since they are native window's executables. Is
> there a "conversion" command I can call to go from a Unix path to a Dos path
> and back?
> Cygwin path: /cygdrive/c/'Program Files'/Prod123/something.dat
> After converting it becomes -> Dos path: c:\Program
your/windows/program "$(cygpath -w "/your/path/here")"
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html