Re: xmgrace

Morgan Gangwere wrote:
> Volker Quetschke wrote:
>> You are trying to start xmgrace from outside a cygwin environment, i.e.
>> it does not know about cygwin softlinks.
>>
>> To confirm if I'm guessing right try this (only works from a cygwin
>> shell):
>>
>> $ ls -l `which xmgrace`
>>
>> Otherwise provide more info about the problem.
>>
>>   Volker
>>

> I'll start xclock from outside a normal cygwin environment all the time.

Yes, it is *not* a *soft link*.  If you would have tried the command I
gave you, you would see that xmgrace *is* a soft link.

  Volker

> What i suspect has happened is that the PATH isnt being set right, Which
> could be confirmed if running from a Cyg shell.

Not a PATH problem. You can *not* start soft links from outside a cygwin
environment.

  Volker

> --
> Morgan Gangwere
> "Where's your potatoes when you need them?"
>
> --

Dr. Volker M. Quetschke
2801 NW 23rd Blvd
Apt. P108
Gainesville, FL 32605, USA

Email:  vm@quetschke.org
Home:   +01 (352) 372 2693
Office: +01 (352) 392 8976

PGP/GPG key  (ID: 0x2AAF13CC)  available  from  wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
key-fingerprint 15D0 6C93 D19B 6544 72F3  0968 854D 39D1 2AAF 13CC