This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: SSH dropping out
- From: Andrew Schulman <schulman dot andrew at epamail dot epa dot gov>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 09:15:43 -0500
- Subject: Re: SSH dropping out
- References: <4912C7F1.email@example.com>
> Is there a way, from within the same batch script used to make the SSH
> connection, to send a packet of data, or something similar, every minute
> so that the connection will be kept alive?
Have a look at autossh, which does this and also restarts any ssh connection
which is still alive but has stopped passing data. You can even set it up to
run as a service, so that your TCP tunnels will be available from boot. See the
README.Cygwin file for details.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html