This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Vista and cygwin1.dll
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 23:28:09 -0400
- Subject: Re: Vista and cygwin1.dll
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Further comments from glacken.
I had been using cygwin on a 64 bit AMD. I copied my cygwin partition from
the AMD-64 to the Intel-64 via a thumb-drive, apparently with no problems.
The fact that I get the same errors using two versions of cygwin makes me
suspect that the Intel-64 is the culprit.
The two cygwin versions are in separate partitions: each has one
cygwin1.dll, and no cygwin.dll.
There is no such thing as 'cygwin.dll'.
I think you're getting quite confused about the problem you're having.
I recommend that you review what's been said so far and try to follow
the prescribed path for getting help, if that's your goal.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html