Re: Cygwin

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU>  Reformatted.
DrJeckyl wrote:
> Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
>> DrJeckyl wrote:
>>> I've instlled cygwin on two laptops and it works fine, on another laptop
>>> it
>>> wont launch xterm
>>> a. run starwin.bat
>>> b. login to server (ssh -l <userID><servername>
>>> c. xterm
>>> It wont launch the xterm window, can anybody give me some ideas? I really
>>> need some help
>>> Thanks
>> First, make sure the X server is running on your local machine.  Second,
>> use 'ssh -Y -l <userID> <servername>'.  That should work.

Larry,

It still does not work, I can run it on my laptop and it works fine, on the
other laptop it does not work, any other ideas?

A couple at least. First, this is not really the list for X-related questions. Since this is more X than not, you should follow-up on the correct list, cygwin-x at cygwin dot com. Second, if the above was not enough to get things to work, then you should read and follow the problem reporting guidelines to bootstrap any further analysis that people on the Cygwin-X list may want to do. You can find the guidelines here - <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>

Holliston, MA 01746