This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin-1.7 sshd/ssh-host-config install issues on Vista
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 20:06:35 -0400
- Subject: Re: cygwin-1.7 sshd/ssh-host-config install issues on Vista
- References: <20081017195146.44CC113C026@cgf.cx>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 12:50:48PM -0700, Herb Maeder wrote:
>2. (Vista/XP) The tcp_wrappers dependency is missing in openssh/setup.hint
>Sincd sshd.exe depends on cygwrap-0.dll, the tcp_wrappers package must be
>installed in order to avoid this error when starting up the sshd service:
> $ cygrunsrv --start sshd
> cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus: Win32 error
>1062: The service has not been started.
>But the tcp_wrappers package is not listed as a dependency in the openssh
libwrap0 is listed as an openssh dependency and that's where
cygwrap-0.dll comes from. Relying on tcp_wrappers would not be correct.
AFAICT, setup.ini is correct.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html