[perl] Portably linking to libstdc++

Hi,

On linux, I can have my perl distro link to libstdc++ by simply specifying (in the Makefile.PL's %WriteMakefile) :

LIBS => ['-lstdc++'],

And, for MinGW-built perls on Win32, the same construct works.
For Cygwin, it seems that is not sufficient (as the directory that houses libstdc++.a is apparently not searched by default). Instead, Cygwin needs something like:

LIBS => ['-L/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4 -lstdc++'],

But that doesn't look very portable across different Cygwin installations. (I'm looking mainly at the '3.4.4', and thinking that not every Cygwin installation will have such a directory.)

How do I write that LIBS assignment so that it would be portable across different *Cygwin* installations ?

Cheers,
Rob