Cygwin bash

When I double click the 'Cygwin' icon on my Windows desktop, a DOS-like
window opens which I'm led to believe is Cygwin's bash terminal.  However,
with every version of Linux that I've used, the bash terminal had menus
allowing me to do certain things like (for example) copying & pasting text.
Cygwin's terminal window is more like a DOS one with no menus and very
limited copy & paste features.  Is that correct or has something gone wrong
with my installation?

Also, is it possible to configure the appearance for the bash terminal?  On
my system the window is pretty small and some of the text is dark green on
a black background.  Both of these make it quite difficult to work with.

Thanks,

John