Re: Cygwin problem: lex: Command not found‏

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, Yau KL wrote:

Hi All,

I would appreciate your answer very much on this. When I do ./configure in cygwin, I got the two following related messages:

./configure for which package?

checking for flex... flex checking lex output file root... lex.yy

The above shows that I have flex. However, when I run make, I got this error

make[1]: lex: Command not found

Because you have flex, not lex.

I suppose that to use lex, one has to install flex, and I have done that, what's the problem?

Flex is free but non-GNU lex. See: http://www.gnu.org/software/flex/ which therefore points to sourceforge. The problem, from the information you have given as I see it, is that your Makefile is looking for lex, when it should be looking for flex. You'll need to see how it is used in the Makefile.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
KL

Hugh