Re: 1.7 constantly accesses floppy drive

OK, so perhaps your problem and the Windows path shown by 'cygcheck' are two
different issues.

My problem is _precisely_ the Windows path shown by cygcheck. Everything _except_ Cygwin (as shown by cygcheck) is correct as far as I can see.

I'm back to not being sure why you're seeing accesses on
your floppy drive.  Maybe if you straced a simple operation, you might be
able to tell us who, what, when, why, and/or how the floppy drive gets
accessed.

Attached is the output of the command:

strace -o strace_ls.log ls 1.7-log.txt

I don't think it tells us anything we didn't know. Cygwin, down under the hood, thinks Windows is on a: but all its variables show that it's on c:, as do Windows variables.

Ain't computers grand?

--
Lee Maschmeyer
Computing Center Services