Re: DD over Netcat

This is some good stuff, thanks for all the feedback, I really appreciate it.
The problem I have now is that every time I try to DD the drive, it freezes
on me. I have tried it 3 times and it freezes on the same number of bytes
every time.

$ nc -l -p 7000 | dd of=/dev/sda
 punt!
16+0 records in
16+0 records out
8192 bytes (8.2 kB) copied, 972.875 s, 0.0 kB/s

Is there any way I can check for errors or any of you guys have an idea why
it would do this?

Thanks