Connecting to Access with Python from within Cygwin

Hello,

I've written a small script in a Windows Python envoronment. This
script accesses an MS Access database using the win32 odbc module.
These are involked using this line:

import odbc, dbi

However, I greatly prefer the Linux/X look and feel for development,
so I'd like to use this script from within Cygwin. Unfortunately it
doesn't work. I've tried copying the relevant modules from the
Win32-Python installation into /usr/lib/..., but it doesn't work.

I'm not really expecting it to work, either, because Cygwin after all
wraps the win32 API into an UNIX-like API. But maybe there's a cheap
trick to get it to wordk.

Thanks,
robert