Re: Fork: Resource temporarily unavailable

2008/6/16 Larry Hall (Cygwin) <reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com>:

> A common reason for this kind of message is also
> <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#BLODA>.  Check it out if you haven't
> already.

Thanks Larry- I've taken a look at the list, and the only match with
our environment is McAfee - but that doesn't explain why some servers
run just fine with it, while others develop a problem.

I'm currently thinking that most of the issues are seen on Citrix
Metaframe Presentation Servers, after they've had the following CTX
hotfixes installed:

PSE400W2K3R04
PSE400R04W2K3001
PSE400R04W2K3002
PSE400R04W2K3007
PSE400R04W2K3011
PSE400R04W2K3039

- It's still confusing, as it seems to affect around 80% of such
servers, whilst the remaining 20% carry on just fine.  The issue also
seems to affect some servers when a lower hotfix level has been
applied.  For the moment, I'm going to concentrate on the Citrix
angle, and put the other miscellaneous servers (SQL or Exchange) to
one side and consider them likely to be a separate issue with similar
symptoms.
I'm currently re-investigating the CPU and memory optimization
features in case I missed something previously.

--
AdamT
"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents