Re: CreateProcessA failed, errno 11

David Rothenberger wrote:

On 5/1/2008 1:17 PM, Thomas Plank wrote:

>> I have NO kind of the mentioned "BLODA" software installed on my system
>> and my cygwin installation worked now for nearly 4 years.
>> (Windows XP SP2, all security updates)

> I had the same issue and just tracked it down to the ATI Catalyst 8.3
> and 8.4 drivers. I had no problem with the 7.10 version, but with both
> 8.3 and 8.4, my PIDs were never reused and doing a large compile (in my
> case, subversion) would cause the error you mentioned.

Strange! I have an ATI graphic card in my system and I had installed both
8.3 and 8.4.
But not the Catalyst Control Center, just the display drivers. For now,
8.4 is installed.

> I uninstalled the drivers and installed the drivers from Windows Update
> (version 8.421.0.0). I'm not sure if it's the Catalyst Control Center or
> some other part of the 8.4 full driver package, but this solved my problem.

So you are not experiencing any fork() problems any longer? Really
strange. What kind of sh*** the ATI drivers must be ...

Also the time window seems appropriate. 8.3 was released in March I think
and that is around the same time when I payed attention to the error the first
time

> Perhaps another BLODA? :-(

Really seems so. :-(
--