This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: pkg-config-0.23a-1
- From: cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 21:01:55 -0400
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: pkg-config-0.23a-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
The pkg-config program is used to retrieve information about installed
libraries in the system, including the CFLAGS, LDFLAGS, and other
information necessary to compile and link against one or more libraries.
CHANGES since 0.21-1
* update to latest bzr development version (2008-04-19)
* Still using --enable-indirect-deps
* rework cygport packaging, to adapt to bzr cygclass.
post 0.23 release:
- Incorporate fixes for most of the earlier cygwin patches
- logging support
- 'conflicts' actually works, now
- Add support for setting sysroot through PKG_CONFIG_SYSROOT_DIR in
- Update included glib to 1.2.10.
- Other minor fixes, including a segfault.
- Make Requires.private a whole lot more useful by traversing the
whole tree, not just the top-level, for Cflags.
- Add support for using the system glib.
- Update URL to pkg-config website
- Fix some win32 problems.
- Other minor fixes.
Note that the new "private libs" and "private requires" features do not
work as they would on *nix systems in this release, because this
pkg-config was compiled with the --enable-indirect-deps option. This
option is necessary to properly link dependent DLLs on MSWin/cygwin, but
means that no library dependency is truly private. However, .pc files
that use the .private options will work properly -- as defined on the
MSWin/cygwin platform: private libs will be folded into the public libs
list, and private requires will likewise be folded into the public
pkg-config volunteer maintainer for cygwin
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at the above URL.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html