This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Install cygwin in Win2K as nonadmin from CD make from WinXP
- From: Thorsten Kampe <thorsten at thorstenkampe dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 13:06:02 +0200
- Subject: Re: Install cygwin in Win2K as nonadmin from CD make from WinXP
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Paul Domaskis (Tue, 22 Apr 2008 16:47:16 -0400)
> I will be using a standalone Win2K machine on which I will likely not
> have admin access. Will this be a problem, if I choose to install
> only for the account of interest?
No, I use that version exclusively on my machines (because I run Cygwin
from my USB stick).
> There are various web references to the requirement for admin, but
> they are generally associated with specific packages e.g. OpenSSH.
Yes, and specific setups (like runnning the sshd as a service)
> I will be creating the installation CD from a WinXP machine. Will the
> installation CD be OS-agnostic and thus be suitable for a Win2K target
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html