Re: using rsync with Win32/UNC pathnames?

Corinna Vinschen schrieb:

(...)

So that character is "f021".

I should have thought about that from the beginning. Well, there's no workaround and there will be no patch for this. The problem is that this character value is within the 0xf000-0xf0ff range. This range is part of the UNICODE block 95, "Private Use Area". There is by definition no valid UNICODE character assigned within this area and Cygwin reserves the right to use this 0xf000-0xf0ff for its own purposes. Besides, I have a hard time to imagine how a user could create a filename with this value except wantonly.

The range from 0xf000-0xf0ff is used by Cygwin 1.7.0 to map special
characters which are disallowed in DOS filenames.  You can use every
other UNICODE character in Cygwin, except for these values.

I see.

Thanks a lot for your support.

-- Tomasz Chmielewski http://wpkg.org