This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: -11: Problem at 1st start when "cygwin.bat" is run by Nullsoft-Installer
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 11:48:36 -0400
- Subject: Re: -11: Problem at 1st start when "cygwin.bat" is run by Nullsoft-Installer
- References: <70952A932255A2489522275A628B97C30691886D@xmb-sjc-233.amer.cisco.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 12:58:14PM -0700, Matt Seitz (matseitz) wrote:
>"Christopher Faylor" <email@example.com> wrote
>in message news:<20080410161248.GB9302@ednor.casa.cgf.cx>...
>>It's nice that people have found other uses for cygwin1.dll and the
>>packages which go into the distribution found at http://cygwin.com/ but
>>I think it is unrealistic to expect that people here will be cheerfully
>>willing to do extra work to make it easy for other uses of cygwin.
>Would it be appropriate to refer such people to:
Personally, I prefer to just think of this project as a free software
project. It's always possible to find people who are willing to do
programming for $$$ (and I am definitely not volunteering for this) so
that should be a given.
Also, Red Hat has their own supported distribution so I wouldn't assume
that they would be thrilled to make changes in the cygwin net disro to
accommodate someone else's attempts to install packages.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html