This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: /dev/mem: permission denied
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 01:35:36 -0700
- Subject: Re: /dev/mem: permission denied
- References: <47FB28E6.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> On the other hand, a patched version of dmidecode (not needing Cygwin
> DLL) works just fine on Windows 2003.
> Is there a workaround for /dev/mem: permission denied problem in Cygwin?
If you look at the source code at , you will see that it contains an
alternative method using GetSystemFirmwareTable() on 2k3 and Vista,
which doesn't require direct access to physical memory.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html