This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Embedded packaging of cygwin without installation
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 12:53:46 -0700
- Subject: Re: Embedded packaging of cygwin without installation
- References: <013901c89436$214ba6d0$63e2f470$@com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
[ It's considered mildly rude to resend duplicate copies of a message to
a mailing list when no one replies. Please don't do that, it was
received fine the first time. ]
Hans Kaiser wrote:
> - no changes on existing preinstalled cygwin installation
> The first step was successful with http://www.cygwineasy.tk. But it
> destroyed the preinstalled cygwins, which I must not change...
> Does anybody here has an idea, how I could realize the requirements?
The fact that Cygwin stores its mount table in the registry pretty much
means this is impossible unless you distribute a modified Cygwin that
uses a different key, as well as a different name for the various shared
identifiers. See the recent thread about the FAQ question relating to
third party distributors.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html