This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: lost SIGTERM signal handler and winpcap....
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 12:43:21 -0700
- Subject: Re: lost SIGTERM signal handler and winpcap....
- References: <BAY128-W61940D459BA2828752A6ED2F90@phx.gbl>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
S A wrote:
> I'm using Winpcap 4.0.2 in a cygwin application for
> local packet capture.
> My application registers a SIG_TERM signal handler.
Unless you built winpcap as a Cygwin application, I don't think you
should expect this to work. The winpcap as downloaded from their site
is a native library (i.e. MSVCRT) and so signal handling for Cygwin
signals is bound to have strange effects, on account of MSVCRT having a
much different and restricted view of what a signal is.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html