This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: lost SIGTERM signal handler and winpcap....
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 16:25:18 -0400
- Subject: Re: lost SIGTERM signal handler and winpcap....
- References: <BAY128-W61940D459BA2828752A6ED2F90@phx.gbl> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
James Abley wrote:
On 28/03/2008, S A wrote:
Here's the really strange part:
if I do an strace on my application, then my signal handler
gets invoked correctly!! Can't explain this.
c.f. Heisenbug . It's common enough, but very annoying. Gives you
another avenue to explore though. What does strace do to the
environment that causes the problem to disappear?
That's simple. strace is a Windows app, not a Cygwin app. So it doesn't
have the Cygwin signal semantics.
You'll probably get a better feel for the differences here if you take a
look at the Cygwin doc:
Gritty details can be found in 'how-signals-work.txt' the 'cygwin'
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html