This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: postinstall hang
- From: "Popper, Samuel \(US SSA\)" <samuel dot popper at baesystems dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 16:48:55 -0400
- Subject: RE: postinstall hang
- References: <001901c89348$cd86c8b0$06bca8c0@bigtower>
> I've tried to install cygwin now about 7 or 8 times but the
> always hangs somewhere, in different scripts at different places.
I am still having this problem (as evidenced by previous messages).
I've come up with a bash script "test case" that demonstrates the
$ NUM=1; while true ; do echo $NUM; NUM=$(( $NUM + 1 )); done
will run indefinitely, whereas:
$ NUM=1; while true ; do echo `echo $NUM` ; NUM=$(( $NUM + 1 )); done
Hangs pretty quickly, usually while printing some number in the 100-200
range. Killing the windows bash.exe process at the leaf of the process
tree causes the script to resume counting.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html