This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin problems under Vista
- From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA <tmacchant2 at yahoo dot co dot jp>
- To: Vinod Gupta <vinod at Princeton dot EDU>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: me <matsuoka at nuce dot nagoya-u dot ac dot jp>
- Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 10:00:37 +0900 (JST)
- Subject: Re: Cygwin problems under Vista
- Reply-to: matsuoka at nuce dot nagoya-u dot ac dot jp
> 2) It seems there is no reliable fix for XFree86 and people have
> suggested Xming which works fine for me. While XFree86 was integrated
> with Cywin's main installer which was a huge advantage. Is there any way
> to replace XFree86 by Xming so that only Xming packages are
As one of the user, I reply to your question.
XFree86 is not correct name what you talk about.
XFree86 is more general name not only the cygwin platform.
What you indicate is Cygwin-X. On the Cygwin site, the name Cygwin-X is written not but Xfree86.
Historrically the Xming seperated from the Cygwin-X. Its purpose is not the same as the Cygwin-X.
The biggest point is that it is NOT a cygwin software and completely inpendent from the cygwin. I
think that it is not possible to bundle with the cygwin.
Easy + Joy + Powerful = Yahoo! Bookmarks x Toolbar
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html