This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: DLL into .a (Metis problem)
- From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA <tmacchant2 at yahoo dot co dot jp>
- To: Paulo Mota <pmota at dq dot fct dot unl dot pt>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: me <matsuoka at nuce dot nagoya-u dot ac dot jp>
- Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 04:35:33 +0900 (JST)
- Subject: Re: DLL into .a (Metis problem)
- Reply-to: matsuoka at nuce dot nagoya-u dot ac dot jp
I have an experience to build the Metis from source on cygwin.
It is not so tough work so that you can get everything if you build the METIS libraries by yourself.
However, the Metis license is NOT compatible to GPL.
Therefore, the octave community have decided not to use the Metis to construct suitesparse libraries.
So you should be careful to treat the license problem with the Metis.
--- Paulo Mota <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Is there a tool to convert a DLL (which has no API Windows calls) into a
> lib.a or lib.la ?
> If not, then say that I have a lib file named libmetis.a
> To make the executable I would add the following
> "-L$HOME/<rest of the path> -lmetis"
> If I have WinMetis.dll, would there be an equivalent command?
> Paulo Mota
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
Easy + Joy + Powerful = Yahoo! Bookmarks x Toolbar
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html