This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: performance issue with sshd and cygrunsrv
- From: Alfred von Campe <alfred at von-campe dot com>
- To: Stephen David <steve at davidnj dot net>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 18:19:19 -0400
- Subject: Re: performance issue with sshd and cygrunsrv
- References: <20080312193722.GA21432@sdavid14.homeip.net>
With regard to this performance problem, I've discovered that this
is not just an sshd problem -- scripts/commands I run through cron
also exhibit the same behavior. (ie. find, curl, date, etc). Is
there something about the user context under which these services
run that could be causing this? Or does this point to cygrunsrv?
What does your PATH environment variable look like? Make sure it
doesn't contain any network paths. As soon as I removed them, I got
much better performance with ssh (I haven't used cron with Cygwin).
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html