This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: emacs 21.3 does work while 22.1 works: Why 21.3 is default in cygwin setup
- From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA <tmacchant2 at yahoo dot co dot jp>
- To: Marc Girod <marc dot girod at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: me <matsuoka at nuce dot nagoya-u dot ac dot jp>
- Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 06:03:25 +0900 (JST)
- Subject: Re: emacs 21.3 does work while 22.1 works: Why 21.3 is default in cygwin setup
- Reply-to: matsuoka at nuce dot nagoya-u dot ac dot jp
Thank you for your reply.
> Tatsuro MATSUOKA <tmacchant2 <at> yahoo.co.jp> writes:
> > Why 21.3 is default in the cygwin setup?
> > It does work at all!!!!
> Sorry, but isn't the default 21.2.13?
Sorry it is 21.2.13.
After noticed that I checked archives of 21.2.13 stored in cygwin setup.
The mirror site is ring.aist.go.jp but I also tried a site in us.
I extracted all bz2 files concerning to the emacs.
The size of emacs-x11.exe is 0 byte!!!!
That's why emacs does not work at all.
I do know why it happened but it was the fact.
Please check the current archives on the web.
> And what is wrong with it, exactly?
> I use it all the time... In X mode.
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
Easy + Joy + Powerful = Yahoo! Bookmarks x Toolbar
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html