Re: Problem with Cygwin and ClearCase

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 04:10:53PM -0400, David Arnstein wrote:
>I just upgraded ClearCase to a new version and immediately I have
>new problems relating to Cygwin.
>[snip]
>I am writing to this mail list to inquire what is "special" about
>processes started by a Cygwin bash process. "Special," when compared to
>launching from a DOS box or from a standard Windows shortcut. Thanks
>for any suggestions.

We prefer the term "gifted" to "special".

But, seriously, there is no simple answer to your question.  Cygwin
obviously manages to start all manner of normal Windows programs.  It
uses the standard Windows API to accomplish this so there is no way to
know why ClearCase would not be reacting well without quite a bit of
code investigation and, possibly, without help from ClearCase
themselves.

cgf