This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Problem with Cygwin and ClearCase
- From: David Arnstein <arnstein at panix dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 16:10:53 -0400
- Subject: Problem with Cygwin and ClearCase
- Reply-to: arnstein at pobox dot com
I just upgraded ClearCase to a new version and immediately I have
new problems relating to Cygwin.
I use Windows XP Pro service pack 2, latest Cygwin, and ClearCase
ClearCase tools such as clearexplorer.exe and clearvtree.exe run OK
when launched from Windows. I can also launch them from a DOS box.
If I use a Cygwin bash script to launch a ClearCase tool then it gets
an application error. For example,
Faulting application clearexplorer.exe, version 18.104.22.168,
faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.3119, fault
Here's where it gets weird.
I have ClearCase tools in the context menu of Windows Explorer. If I
launch Windows Explorer from Windows, then I can launch these
ClearCase tools from the context menu, no problem. However, if I
1. Launch Windows Explorer from a Cygwin bash script.
2. Launch a ClearCase tool from the context menu of Windows
then I get the application error again. I notice that when I launch
Windows Explorer in this way, I get a new Windows Explorer process.
Similarly, if I
1. Launch a DOS box from Cygwin/bash by typing "cygstart cmd"
2. Launch a ClearCase tool from the resulting DOS box
then I get the application error again.
I am writing to this mail list to inquire what is "special" about
processes started by a Cygwin bash process. "Special," when compared to
launching from a DOS box or from a standard Windows shortcut. Thanks
for any suggestions.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html