This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: util-linux package incomplete?
- From: "Lee D. Rothstein" <lee at veritech dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 19:19:16 -0500
- Subject: Re: util-linux package incomplete?
- References: <47D17FE8.firstname.lastname@example.org> <47D1C603.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: lee at veritech dot com
Eric Blake wrote:
According to Angelo Graziosi on 3/7/2008 10:48 AM:
| Running 'cygcheck -cv' says that util-linux package is incomplete:
I noticed, today, that while 'look' (part of util-linux) is present the
| Missing file: /usr/bin/logger.exe from package util-linux
| util-linux 2.13.1-1 Incomplete
| Since I have read some discussion on cygwin-apps list regarding this
| package, should one reinstall it or wait for an update?
This is due to multiple packages providing the same file (at least at one
point in time). If package A used to provide a file, but package B now
does, but you don't upgrade A until after B, then the upgrade of A will
delete the file. At any rate, the fix is the same - rerun setup.exe, and
reinstall anything that shows up as incomplete.
installs correctly (according to 'cygcheck') and works (loads and runs on
Vista), the 'dict' file is missing.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html