This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: screwed Registry, versions, file format, keyboard, gs
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 15:15:13 -0500
- Subject: Re: screwed Registry, versions, file format, keyboard, gs
- References: <47D27086.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 03/08/2008, Andy Heath wrote:
2. My shell scripts don't work .. I tracked this down to something
that seems to have changed in the file formats, if I put the same
text in a new file its ok. Doing OD on the files reveals some bytes
are different near the end of the files depending on whether I created
them after the update or before (created with vi).
Reading through the Cygwin announcements on the Cygwin announce list for
any recent bash would likely provide you some insight into this problem.
Sounds like the same old DOS-style line endings on a binary mount point
to me. If you only want to "do something", you can try running your
scripts through 'd2u' and see if that solves the problem for you.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html