This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: [experimental] cygwin-1.5.25-11
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 09:57:28 -0500
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: [experimental] cygwin-1.5.25-11
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 12:43:41PM +0100, Peter Klavins wrote:
>1. Since my downloads directory may contain many files, amongst which
>other generic setup.exe's, could the cygwin setup program be changed to
>something more related to cygwin, e.g., cygsetup.exe? That would fit
>well with other cygwin bits like cyg*.dll and cyg*.exe. At the moment
>the only hint that it belongs to cygwin is its icon, which you only see
>if you're looking at it with Explorer.
No, we're not going to change the name of the program. It's been called
setup.exe for many years and changing the name now would be guaranteed
to generate confusion.
If mixing cygwin downloads with other downloads is causing you confusion
then the obvious thing to do is to use another directory.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html